Last week, I decided to move PlannerWire to tumblr because I wanted to make it more fun and because I thought that it was a good idea...turns out it was probably the dumbest idea that I have ever had, but sometimes a bad idea can morph into the best thing ever.
About three hours after I made the decision to switch to Tumblr, I had an epiphany.... You know, the light bulb that goes on over your head when you have a great idea..
I realized that PlannerWire was no longer fun because it lacked something, something that has been here all along... it lacked this blog, Industry Thoughts.
- My Twitter Handle - PlannerWire
- Facebook Page with 200 fans - PlannerWire
- My Email - @PlannerWire
- My Business Card - PlannerWire
- The site with the most name recognition - PlannerWire
- The site that has other contributors - PlannerWire
- LinkedIn Group with a few hundred members - PlannerWire
- My LinkedIn Profile - Lists PlannerWire
I got to thinking.. what the heck am I doing with all of my content here at IndustryThoughts.net? Everything about me is PlannerWire.
The solution seemed obvious, move all of this content to PlannerWire and then have my posts and other contributor's posts all in one place.
PlannerWire.net is my new home.
The solution was amazingly simple, the move however was not and was actually challenging and a lot of fun at the same time. There was the infrastructure to upgrade (now on WordPress), there were the Plugins to add and test, the theme to choose and tweak, the new logo and of course, moving all of the posts that are here... to there.... over the hill where the grass is greener.
If you have been to PlannerWire.net this week, you have seen the Construction Zone splash page with a date..
That date is fast approaching and it is Monday 2/21/11.
This Monday, this blog will no longer be updated (I will of course leave it up because it has a lot of inbound links).
- If you subscribed to this blog, there is no need to change anything, the feed will transfer.
- If you are a fan of this page on Facebook, I would love it if you would join me (us) at the PlannerWire Facebook Page.
- If you have ever left a comment on this blog... no worries, they were all moved over.
So, that is about it, those who have seen the new site seem to like it, I know I do and I hope to see you there!
Signing off from this site for the most part (there may be the occasion to come back from time to time).....
For those that want a sneak peak, I am taking the splash page down for a bit....